I don’t know about you but I absolutely LOVE dump dinners and, thankfully, my family does to. In case you haven’t heard the term before, a dump dinner is meal that involves the least amount of prep work possible; no chopping, sautéing, blending, dicing, grating, etc. The best dump dinners only require a pair of scissors and/or a can opener. Dump dinners are great for busy weeknights, culinary-challenged people as well as minimalists cooks (like myself) that don’t want to spend large amounts of time cooking and cleaning dishes.
I’ve scoured the internet for the best no-prep hearty dishes I could find and my family taste-tested each one. We love all of these but my absolute favorite recipe is the Salsa Verde Chicken recipe. It always hits the spot and leaves my house smelling amazing!
1) Salsa Verde Crockpot Chicken by NewLeaf Wellness
2) Crockpot Tortellini Soup by Katie Deitrich (I make this soup without any meat)
3) Meatball & Provolone Subs by The Taylor House
4) French Dip Sandwiches by Six Sister Stuff
5) Fire Roasted Tomato Soup by Taste of Home
Ready for dessert? My favorite four-ingredient Chocolate Chip Nutella Brownie recipe is below. It’s a very slight adaptation of The Slow Roasted Italian’s 3-Ingredient Brownies recipe.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (13oz) container of Nutella or other hazelnut spread
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- very light sprinkle of kosher salt (optional)
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the eggs then add the Nutella and blend until combined. Next beat in the flour and salt until just combined. Stir in half the chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray. The batter will be very sticky so I recommend having a helper hold the bowl for you while you scrape the batter into the pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean (about 30 minutes). Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips over the warm brownies. Cool, cut and enjoy!